Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Bush meets with Republican Supporter about "Those People" in New Orleans

Would this guy be allowed into the White House if he were black?



Katrina Survivor Meets With Bush at White House
Rockey Vaccarella drove a replica of his FEMA trailer to Washington to raise awareness of continuing problems. (AP)

AP and the Washington Post report President Bush met with a survivor of Hurricane Katrina today who drove a replica of a FEMA trailer to Washington from Louisiana to remind the president "that the job's not done" on the hurricane-devastated Gulf Coast. Check this out, the post is reporting Bush said, "He (Vaccarella) decided to come up to Washington, D.C., to make clear to me and others in the government that "those people" down there are still hurting," President Bush said in a joint appearance with Rockey Vaccarella, 41, on the south lawn of the White House. "I told him that I understand there are people down there who still need help."

African American Political Pundit says: It's obvious that this "photo op" was a staged White House event which included Vaccarella saying the country needed Bush to stay on for another four-year term. This event has a Tony Snow stamp all over it.

One has to wonder if any of the thousand of black hurricane victims drove to the white house in a replica of a FEMA trailer from Washington from Louisiana demanding to see Bush, would they be arrested for driving while black, even before getting out of New Orleans?

This guy Vaccarella ran unsuccessfully as a Republican candidate for the St. Bernard Parish Council back in 1999. What ever happened to cindy Shehan?

4 Comments:

At 8/25/2006 01:55:00 AM, Blogger Steve Falcon said...

Would this guy be allowed into the White House if he were black?

Uh, yeah. Considering Condi Rice, Colin Powell, and several other high-profile Bush administration personnel have spent a lot of time there. Last time I checked they're Black, too. And please, spare me the "they're not really Black" crap. That is soooo tired.

 
At 8/25/2006 01:57:00 AM, Blogger Steve Falcon said...

BTW, how do you know that guy isn't Black? You ever been to Louisiana? I used to live there and I know Black folks that look whiter than some of the white folks down there.

 
At 8/26/2006 01:59:00 AM, Blogger liberal journal man said...

Rocky would have been allowed in if he was Black IF he was Republican and said the government's doing a great job.

 
At 8/26/2006 03:58:00 AM, Blogger African American Political Pundit said...

Falcon, When you had your Blog Falcon’s Crest you announced that you were going to that neo conservative blog- HangRight. I wondered out load if you had spiraled down and hit the ground and bumped your head.

Clearly with the comment you made about Colin Powell and Condi Rice having access to the White House and because they had access, average joe black would gain access to speak at a white house "staged" event is just plain stupid. You were comparing apples and oranges. A little stuck on stupid? (I think Liberal Journal Man is on point).

As, I urged previously, Hopefully you will learn how to lean a little more to the left as you fly again at the neo conservative HangRight. I thought I got a taste of a change last week. But I guess you may have been joking.

I'm trying hard to have your understand that when you’re a Falcon you have to go right and left, if you always turn right, you find yourself going in circles. I'm not sure if your going in circles has to do with your young age or stupidity, I hope it is age.

As usual, I look forward to reading your right wing propaganda. I'm enjoying your comedy.

PS, when your tired of being a token for HangRight, let me know. I'm sure there are oppportunities for a smart guy like you to use your skills in a more progressive venue.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home